Re: 1958/9 TR3A Engine Bay Cleanup

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: 1958/9 TR3A Engine Bay Cleanup
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:38:15 -0800
> The 302 actually fits pretty well.  there isn't enough weight difference
> to worry about.

When a 302 replaced the 2.25L LR four in my Land Rover the weight was
very close as well.  Really heavy four cylinder engines.  I ended up
using the low compression heads so I could run regular gas and the small
500 CFM four barrel for fuel economy.  The engine still had more power
it idle than the LR four had a peak.

  > The frame doesn't need stiffening.

Folks who race them talk about undesirable frame flexing.  It is my
understanding that the front spring towers could at least use a brace.
But you should know better than I.

TeriAnn