Re: TRF Side Curtain Rebuilding

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TRF Side Curtain Rebuilding
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:04:28 -0700
Terry Smith wrote:

> I'll have to decide based on that whether to find some, or have a
> local upholsetery shop do the convertible top and the JC W aftermarket
> side curtains together so they'll match.

Even if you had 'correct' curtains you might find they do not match the
top.  Maybe the 'everlast' material is a match but I think the usual
black vinyl tops are blacker and glossier than the typical sidecurtain
material.

As for adhesive - I use 3M Trim Adhesive # 08088 just because it is real
convenient to work with.  Those dash/cockpit rails don't require a lot
of adhesive since once they are mounted the coverings are pretty much
clamped in place.

Geo Hahn