Re: Intro and Question

To: Mark <mini@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: Intro and Question
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:11:28 -0500
Hi Mark , Welcome,

I'm not sure there's a specific answer to solve the run-on this motor
has. You sound like you know as much as the list on the reason a motor
diesels & the possible solutions. There have been discussions on the
list about using thicker head gaskets to lower compression maybe someone
that has done this could contribute. The dry reading does sound high to
me but not unheard of. Of course tuning might be a factor in controlling
it , but this would be a task attempted after you take that fateful
leap. High engine temps might be a contributing factor as well.
Randall's suggestion is certainly a way to deal with the problem , I
would also make sure the car doesn't have detonation  under load.
Red cars make me do bad things & overlook other short comings. That ,
along with a 5-speed would get me hook, line & sinker. Having a car that
has a working top that keeps me dry in the rain is priceless.
Good luck, keep us posted.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.