RE: TR4 reupholstery instructions

To: "ScharfR@aol.com" <ScharfR@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 reupholstery instructions
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 03:12:59 -0600
Hi Bob,

You might want to buy or borrow a copy of Roger Williams book "How to
Restore Triumph TR5/250 & TR6". It has step by step instructions and many
pictures of the process. Very helpful. There might be a TR4 version as well.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN

> For my TR4 I have in hand a pair of nicely powder coated seat frames,
leather upholstery and new seat cushions from Moss, as well as new rubber
diaphragms and webbing. All that's missing is some sense of how it all goes
together.

> The frames came to me with upholstery and webbing in tatters, nothing
left of the diaphragms and little else to go on. That being said, I'm sure
I could stumble through the assembly process. However, in the back of my
mind I thought I recalled someone on the list reference a set of
instructions from Moss or the like. A check of the archives and the Moss
site reveals no new wisdom.

> Thus an appeal to the list. Does anyone have any sort of instructions on
reupholstering TR4 seats? Any and all help greatly appreciated.