RE: TR4/4A/250 Hardtop Rear Chrome Trim

To: "'Jeff Tedder'" <jtedder68@cox.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4/4A/250 Hardtop Rear Chrome Trim
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:09:13 -0000

Hi Jeff,
I'm not familiar with this application, but it sounds like the same profile
as the windscreen finisher on the Spitfire MkIV & 1500 (stainless on the
early cars, plastic later) and on most Herald Coupes. Of course in those
applications it was heavily formed around the screen outline.
I am assuming that what you need is basically a straight piece, originally
in stainless steel or anodised aluminium? If you can point me to an online
image of the section in place on the car, and ideally get a drawing of the
cross section through this, I will see if there's anything suitable
available in the UK.
Cheers,
Bill.
http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk