Re: fuel tank clean-up

To: jefflee@access-4-free.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel tank clean-up
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:07:06 EST
In a message dated 2/21/2005 1:48:17 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
jefflee@access-4-free.com writes:

My  question to you today is about the fuel tank
clean up. I plan use muriatic  acid

Careful with that stuff.

An easier way is used by a friend of mine.  He fills the tank with  water and
a hand full of screws.  He puts it on the propane barbeque out in  the back
yard and boils the water.  As the water boils down a bit he  sloshes it about
and with the screws rattling around inside, he breaks loose the  heavy rust.

He swears by this method.  I don't know about the coating the  inside.

Robert  Houston
63 TR4 BCT14622L
73 MG Midget
Texan in NM

I have a  love interest in every one of my films - a gun._ Arnold
Schwarzenegger_
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/arnoldschw146564.html)