TR4 Radio mounting

To: triumph list <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Radio mounting
From: Mark Vaden <markvaden@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:39:35 -0800
Hi,

I was wondering how the original radios were installed in a TR4. I
understand that they were installed in the bracket between the dash
and the piece that straddles the gearbox, but I was wonder ing there
were any other brackets used for support along the sides of the radio?
Also was the side of the radio left exposed or was it encased in
something else? I am asking because I am installing a new radio in my
TR4. I had a machine shop modify the bracket so I could mount a cd
player stereo, but as of now I have nothing along the sides of the
radio? What have other people done?

Thanks in advance,
Mark Vaden
1962 TR4 CT8809L