Re: TR4 Radio mounting

To: markvaden@gmail.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Radio mounting
From: ScharfR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:01:55 EST
In a message dated 2/23/2005 12:06:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
owner-triumphs@autox.team.net writes:

were any  other brackets used for support along the sides of the radio?
Also was the  side of the radio left exposed or was it encased in
something  else?

Mark:

All of the original style installations I've seen are completely exposed on
the sides. Only the later TR6 seems to have had modesty panels that
coordinated  with the center console bracket. The TR6 system is a whole
different kettle
 of fish as far as parts are concerned, but all of its parts could be made to
fit  a TR4, although it would involve a pretty substantial expenditure of
time  and money

As to supporting the radio, my radio had a threaded stud on the  back that
picked up a metal strap hung from the heater box. I just fastened a  lock nut
on
the stud with the strap sandwiched in between. If you don't use  something
like this, or perhaps a support under the radio itself, you have the  full
weight of the radio cantelievered off the face plate, knobs and such.  Probably
not
a good thing.

Hope this helps. If you need pictures I could wander out in the cold and
shoot a couple.

Bob  Sharp
Michigan
64-ish TR4