Re: Now Exhaust TR4A IRS

To: Mark Endicott <mini@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: Now Exhaust TR4A IRS
From: Kurtis <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:57:01 -0600
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:51:01 -0600, Mark Endicott <mini@nashvilletn.org> wrote:
> Me Again,
>
> What are you TR4A folks using for an exhaust system.  I have a SS (Falcon I
> think) system with the muffler that sits horizontal across the back of the
> car.  It is WAY to quiet!  I looked at several but there seem to be very
> limited applications for the 4A.
>
> Mark
> Nashville
> http://www.nashvilletn.org/TR4/

Mark,

I have a Monza style exhaust system on my TR4 (which I realize has a
different exhaust system than your TR4A).  I thought I'd share my
experience with the sound level issue though...  When I first acquired
the car, I thought the system was too loud; however, after a while
it's kind of grown on me.  I do make sure I keep the rpms down in my
neighborhood. :)

As far as quality... I don't think the Monza systems have a very long
life expectancy.  Mine could certainly use replacing (I don't have any
idea how long it's been on the car).  It was an ugly rusty mess when I
acquired the car.  I took it off and stripped all the rust off and
re-painted it with high-temp black and "chrome" paint.  That's held up
quite nicely so far.

--
Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas