Re: GT-6 Questions

To: "Heglund, Davis (MN17)" <davis.heglund@honeywell.com>
Subject: Re: GT-6 Questions
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:41:54 -0600
Hi Dave,
1. Yes, I believe you have to drill out the rivets.

2.  That is a drain hole for the intake vent.  My understanding is it is
supposed to allow water to drain out rather go into the car.  Also, you
could use it to help clean out debris that builds up in there from
leaves, etc.  The flap will help keep engine heat (leaking exhaust)
from coming through the vents if all you want is fresh air.

3. I would grind off the head of the rivet and then you can push the bar
in through the hole and remove it from the foot well.

If you don't have a Dremel or similar tool, I would advise getting one
as they come in real handy for jobs like removing rivets.

Roger Elliott