RE: ignition switch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ignition switch
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:20:32 -0800
> After lunch jumped in the car put the key
> in the ignition and I couldn't turn the key; which isn't unusual,
> taking the
> key out and turning it around always remidies the situation, but
> not today!
> I sat there for about 15 minutes fooling with it before the
> chamber decided to
> turn.
> I guess this is another sign of old age.  I am assuming  that the
> only fix is
> to replace the lock assembly so it doesn't  happen again.

Might be as simple as needing a new key made by number (although a new
cylinder might be cheaper).

I'm not sure which car you have, but on most of them, you can take the
cylinder out, stick the key in, and dress up the ends of the tumblers a bit
with a file.  It makes the lock a bit easier to pick, but they're pretty
easy in the first place.

Randall