Re: TR3A tires - Larger?

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A tires - Larger?
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:41:36 -0800
How about something a little bit larger/wider than the stock 165/15s?  Is
there anything available that would fit the stock 4" TR3 steel rims?  The
front wheels are where I'm having fitment problems.

Last week, I tried 205/70/15 on a pair of widened 5 inch rims.  Although these
are a popular lister upgrade for TR6s, they were way too big for my early
small mouth TR3.  I'm going to try Goodrich 195/65 or 195/75 on those 5 inch
rims next.

If they are still too wide, I have the option to use a pair of the original
skinny 4 inch rims.  But I would really like to get a little extra tread up
front if at all possible.  Taller would be better than shorter in my
application.

Paul Willoughby
Torrance, CA
1956 TR3