Re: TR3A tires

To: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A tires
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:54:22 -0800
I ran into the same problem with Casper, took Randall's suggestion
and bought new Dunlop SP Sport A2s in 185x65 15 size, and could not
be happier, they look great, and the difference in handling is
awesome.  They do lower the car by about 1/2 inch but that has not
been a problem.
Casper ran the Tahoe Triumphest Autocross in 26. xx and was one of
the fastest "stock" TR3s of the day, a lot of that was due to the
tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+A2

>>...replaced the Michelin XZX's with Dunlop SP20's (now NLA)...
>>bought Cooper Sportmaster GLTs for summer tires for the Volvo last
>>year, and I'll probably get a set to replace the Dunlops before my
>>giant summer road trip. Coopers are popular with the old VW bug
>>crowd, same size tire so they're widely available.

My story exactly but... when I went to get the Coopers a couple of
months ago the first place I called said they were NLA, the second
place I tried has them in stock (mfg date 34th week of 04).  Hope
they haven't gone the way of the Michelins and Dunlops though they
would still be in the pipeline for some time to come
--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L