correct TR3 Grease Trunnion seal

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: correct TR3 Grease Trunnion seal
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 04:09:21 -0500
Don Malling et al,

I just checked on some parts which I accidentily double-ordered.  And the
seals we have been talking about is among them.

Initially, I ordered from Moss the seal which on my TR3A is between the
vertical-link and the trunnion.  When it came it had a 'one-sided' lip on it
but different then the original.  It fit, and I thought it might be an
improved version so I installed it!

However, what I found today is an identical pair which came to me ffrom TRF
and is

T24 Seal, Grease Trunnion (#58224).  DUH!

Needless to say, I'll be installing TRF's.

Someone suggested that Moss also show's theirs as also fitting the TR250 and
TR6.  I don't know about this, but only that Moss's does not look like the
original TR3 seal on my car.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey (working to improve my reputation)
60 TR3A