Re: Carrying Passengers in TR

To: "Triumph Email List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carrying Passengers in TR
From: Kurtis Jones <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:10:35 -0600
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:36:11 -0800, John & Patricia Donnelly
<pdonnel1@san.rr.com> wrote:
> I live in California and have two grandkids that I'd like to have ride in my
> TR4A. They weigh 40 and 50 lbs each and normally ride in a booster seat in our
> other cars. My TR doesn't have any way to fasten down the booster seats in the
> back, but it looks like there's enough room for both of them back there.
>
> Can I give them rides? Do I need a booster seat? Has anybody else done this?
>
> Thanks, John

Do you have back seat belts at all?  I'm not at all familiar with the
child safety laws in California, but I'd be surprised if it was legal
to carry children that size in the back of a TR4A.

That said...  I have two small children (ages 7 and 4), and they
occasionally ride around in the back and/or front seat of my TR4.
Legally, my youngest does require a booster seat; however, since all I
have is a lap belt, I've never used it in the TR4.

I'll admit that I'm not totally comfortable with them in the car;
however, I obviously don't take any unnecessary risks with them in the
car, and I want them to enjoy the car, and not think that it is just
"daddy's toy."

I know there are others here who carry small children in the back seat
of their TR4 or TR3.  Perhaps they'll chime in with additional
comments.

--
Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas