Re: Fender Vents

To: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fender Vents
From: Ted <triumph66@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:06:58 -0500
I know Tony put a lot of research and good design thought into his
fender vents and I look forward to seeing them in person on the
autocross car, hopefully this summer.

FWIW, I stumbled onto Karl Gerritsen's TR250 resto job where he, too,
added vents to his car.  TR race conoisseurs would know better whether
these are Spitfire or Herald grilles.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/karel.gerritsen/triumph/new_body/new_body1.JPG
http://home.wanadoo.nl/karel.gerritsen/triumph/complete/car4.jpg
http://home.wanadoo.nl/karel.gerritsen/triumph/complete/car5.jpg

As for the Northeast, the sun is shining here in central PA, and cold
or not, Spring is trying to push on through.

Ted

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rhodes/64342.html   The vent pictures
are near the bottom.  Click on the pix to get a larger view.

What do you think of this variant?

Tony, I have to admit it's the nicest factory-style vent I've seen, the curved
leading edge does make it fit the car much better than the original style.

Raymond

--
T.L.L.
1966 TR4A CTC 73139 LO