Re: OD Switch Location

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OD Switch Location
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 06:30:18 EST
Hi Randall,

The shifter knob... That's where my TR4's OD switch is located. It's a
momentary button purchased from Radio Shack that's been fitted to one of those
aftermarket, leather covered shift knobs. I just removed the Triumph cloisonne
emblem from the top and drilled out the wooden center to enough to fit the
switch
inside, continued drilling a smaller hole through the bottom to route the
wires down the shifter shaft. Looks great, like it came from the factory that
way.
And, IMHO, it's the "right" place for an OD switch.

On the other hand, it would be a lot easier to just buy a Stag shift knob!

There are other aftermarket shift knobs with built-in switches, too, that
might be adaptable to a TR4 shift lever. Check out Summit Racing.com or maybe
even a local parts store.

Hmmmm.... Now, where am I gonna put the NOS switch?

Cheers!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm

<snip>
Hmmm, wonder how well a Stag OD shift lever (with the OD switch in the shift
knob) would fit a TR4 ...

Randall