Re: Early TR6 vacuum / throttle linkage

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early TR6 vacuum / throttle linkage
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:28:17 EST
In a message dated 3/15/2005 11:17:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

> I've heard the opinion voiced that only TR250 has this setup.  Do you know
> for a
> fact that early TR6 had it (and it's not just a mistake in the manuals) ?

Yes, this set up was present on the 69 TR6.  I also learned the hard way on
my TR250 that the whole set up will not work unless you have a totally stock
engine. The head on my 250 is shaved pretty skinny and it is impossible to tune
in the vacuum retard. Can you tell me why, Randall?
Darrell