Re: Glove Box Hell.... Help

To: 75trsix@snet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Glove Box Hell.... Help
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:43:47 EST
In a message dated 3/16/2005 2:40:04 PM Central Standard Time,
75trsix@snet.net writes:
> On the TR6 glove box, there's (what the Moss Catalog calls) the "glove box
> lid buffer bracket (Page 68 #34). This little piece of metal has a rubber
> bumper in it and it's purpose is to "support" the glove box door when shut
> and the rubber provides the resistance to pop the door open when you push
> the lock button in. Where the heck does this thing mount? I can't remember
> where I had it positioned or how I had it actually mounted. I seem to recall
> it being in the upper right hand corner. Can someone tell me where's it's
> supposed to be mounted and how they have it secured?

As I recall it is in the upper LEFT hand corner (at least on LHD cars).  That
is where mine is.  I believe it mounts to the rolled back lip of the opening.
 Look for two holes with a spacing that corresponds with the holes in the
bracket.  That's usually a dead giveaway.

Dave