Must be the prince of darkness (NO LBC)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Must be the prince of darkness (NO LBC)
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:59:17 -0800
Not an LBC question, but certainly LUCAS has something to do with it!!!
I had installed a SONY FM-AM/CD player into my mother's 1995 Chrysler
Cirrus lxi.  This was to replace a factory cassette player/radio that had
failed.
It was installed with a din adaptor to fit the odd opening that Chrysler
uses and also a connector kit for this model was used so that the original
connectors could be utilized hence no hacking into the wiring harness etc.
Standard front and rear speaker setup, no external amp, nothing fancy all
wires color coded, and wired as per the diagrams given.
When I initially turned it on it appeared to function fine, that was in
park, acc or ign, but the engine was of course, not running.  The CD
function sounded tinny and a little low in volume, but I just figured that
it wasn't as loud in the CD mode and left it at that.  I thought all was
well, finished the installation and cleaned everything up.  Now the
kickeras I was driving the car home, listening to the new tunes I noticed
that as soon as I used the turn signal, (yes I am one of those people that
actually use them) the volume dropped, almost in half, sounding tinny with
no bass like the CD and did so until the turn signal was released - did
this with either turn signal application.  I am at a total loss as to why
this would happen - It happens ONLY if the vehicle is running, only in the
radio mode not in the CD mode, but of course the CD didn't sound all that
good to begin with - it operated normally when in park using the acc or ign
 function even when using the turn signal (which operated blinking the
lamps but the engine was not running)
I hate to use the list for this kind of stuff but I am stumped!!  Anybody
got any ideas, similar experiences??  It's got me scratching my head -

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)