Re: Wix Filter for TR4a spin-on adapter?

To: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: Wix Filter for TR4a spin-on adapter?
From: Jeff Johnson <mondoluxe@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:38:56 -0500
A word to the wise,
As a previous owner of one the most successful lube centers in Ohio, I can
state that in 17 years, we had one filter related engine problem,1 engine
failure due to filter problems- a BMW w/ cartridge filter. Fram bought the
engine.

Had a couple of leaky Toyotas filters, solved by sourcing factory Toyota
filters. Turned out to be the best thing I could have done, because the
Japs tell their customers that that they must have a factory filter to get
a warranty.
Total crock, against the Magnusson-Moss Act, but they still do it.
We did in excess of 500,000 filters in the time I was in business. 1
failure, couple drippys.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 50278U