Re: RUSTY RAILS

To: AMfoto1@aol.com
Subject: Re: RUSTY RAILS
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 06:02:01 -0500
Guess this didn't make it through last time -- probably too big with the
original post. Maybe this
will work better.

I agree with everything Alan has said, but from what I have read Dinitrol 3125
is a better choice
than Waxoyl. Its has much better penetration that Waxoyl. Some British car
magazine rated a bunch of
the Wax based rust treatments and Dinitrol was rated highest -- above Waxoyl.
You may be able to
find the comparisons on the internet somewhere.

I understand it is used by the aircraft industry in the US for rust prevention.
Seems to be
available in the US only in large quantities -- 55 gal drums or something..

I got it in quarts from Tim Britnell at www.dingocroft.co.uk.

You might find it in the US somewhere, but I didn't. Maybe I didn't try as hard
as I could have.

Don Malling