RE: motor oils

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: motor oils
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:33:08 -0800
> Randall,
> What are your thoughts on Amsoil products?

Not much, probably OK.  I'd take the extended life claims with a grain of
salt, though.

Here's an interesting real-world test I found :
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/amsoil.html

Only one sample, doesn't really mean much, but it's interesting anyway.

I have to say, I don't like Amsoil's marketing hype.  That's not much of a
reason to not use their products, it just bugs me.  "Methinks he doth
protest too much."  I keep expecting to find PT Barnum is one of their
current shareholders.  And what's with the ads for Bosch products on their
home page ?

Randall