RE: motor oils

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: motor oils
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:32:23 -0800 (PST)
For what its worth, In my TR6, I'm still running Castrol 20W50 Dino Juice and I
live in a very warm climate (Texas).   I run Mobil One 5W30 full synthetic in
my BMW Z3/M Coupe, and even though the factory oil change interval is 15,000
miles, I've never let it go past 4500 miles (usually 3000).  Of course, I
routinely push the BMW pretty high in the rev range (redline is 7K rpms).   0
to 60 in 5.1 seconds is addictive!

ps. If you're curious about what the M Coupe is, check out http://368s.com/ .
Mine specifically is http://368s.com/car.phtml?CarID=503 .  LBC content:  my
sign in name on the BMW boards is "TR6".  Never be ashamed of your roots!  ;-)

-Greg

>Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:13:08 -0500
>From: "Tim Tucker" <timtucker@comcast.net>
>Subject: RE: motor oils
>
>Here's an interesting real-world test I found :
>http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/amsoil.html
>
>Thanks for the test link....I'll be sticking woth Mobil One
>Tim
 Make Yahoo! your home page