Re: Cleaning Guages

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Guages
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:57:48 -0800
Be very careful when you clean the painted surface of the gauge.  The white
lettering is very thin (or it gets very oxidized) and can be inadvertently
wiped off.  The needles are also a little fragile and prone to accidentally
tweaking.  If your gauge faces are in good condition, might be wise to just
dust them with a soft brush (like a woman's make-up brush).  Save the heavy
duty scrubbing for the chrome bezel and glass lens.

Paul W.