Re: Cleaning Guages

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Guages
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:49:13 -0500
>I would like to clean my gauges before re-mounting them in my TR3A.  I
> cannot figure out how to remove the bezel and the glass to get at the face
> and underside of the glass.  Any suggestions?
> Eric Bartleson
>
> 1959 TR3A  TS44543LO

Ed, see previous postings on this topic from just last December/January,
February (I forget which).  Use a very small straight slot to gently pry the
bezel up, if it doesn't twist free.

Word to the wise:  do NOT disassemble the fuel guage beyond removing the
glass and bezel. Leave the face in.  Use a very soft small paint brush.

By the way, anybody have a dome glass fuel guage you're willing to sell to
someone who sinned against nature and has fuel guage intestines dripping on
his workbench?

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (Body still off)
New Hampshire