Car stuck on drive

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car stuck on drive
From: "George Perkins" <george_perkins@btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:30:56 +0100
Hi All

I have had the TR6 parked up during the winter.  I have started the engine
at least once a month and warmed it through.  I have driven up and down the
road a couple of times.  The last time I went to drive it it didnt want to
move either forward or back but by dropping the clutch pretty hard in
reverse it eventually moved and was fine to drive.  I thought I had left the
handbrake on and the shoes had bound.  So I parked it again about six weeks
ago and put a block under the rear wheel and left the handbrake off.  Again
the car doesnt want to move either back or forwards.  Before I try dumping
the clutch in hard any better way of dealing with this?  Do you agree its
just the brakes sticking on.

TIA

George

George Perkins