RE: Spitfires

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfires
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:22:03 -0700
> PS This is really neither here nor there, but if you think
> Colorado is  "only
> slightly west of center" you should take a look at a full US map
> some  time.

The geographical center of the "lower 48" is generally given as Lebanon,
Kansas.  Breckenridge, CO is far closer to Lebanon than any VTR to my house.

If you look at a *full* US map, Breckenridge is actually way, way east of
center !

Augusta ME, lon 70W
Breckenridge CO, lon 106W (36 deg west of Augusta, ME)
Kure Island, HI, lon 178 W (72 deg west of Breckenridge, CO)

Maybe that's the problem ... you guys think Rockford, IL (89W) really is in
the "mid west" !

Randall