RE: Spitfires

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfires
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:15:09 -0700
> Your original assertion, with which I still
> disagree, is that
> east coast attendance was down when the convention was in
> Colorado.

Well, West coast attendance was certainly up, does anyone have attendance
records to compare ?  I don't recall it being billed as the "biggest ever"
after the fact, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

And do you really think east coast attendance wouldn't drop if the event
were another 1000 miles away ?  Or 1500 ?

> I can  also
> tell you that the number of attendees from North Carolina will be
> roughly
> the same this year in Rockford as it was last year when the
> convention  was as
> close to home as it'll ever get.

But maybe there's just a bit of difference between driving 2000 miles round
trip, and 5000 ?  Remember, I'm the guy doing the 5000 ... 2000 sounds a lot
better to me !

> In fact, MOST, IF NOT ALL VTR Chapter Clubs should cease to call
> themselves
> VTR Chapters, since many of their local members are not VTR
> members. So should
> we all just give up and not be members of anything?

That's a non-sequitur.  Your words, not mine.

Randall