Re: radiator reinstall 60 TR3A

To: JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: radiator reinstall 60 TR3A
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:03:57 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/2005 6:16:06 PM Central Standard Time,
JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu writes:
> Given Gerald Van Vlack's note about the possibility of hot air
> recycling through the radiator that he saw in the Ford test, as well
> as to keep all the exterior cool air going through the radiator.
> Does anyone have any advice on how to seal the shroud to the
> radiator?

I made a shroud out of sheet rubber and attached it to the outer, stationary
portion of the fan.  I don't know if your fan has an outer, stationary portion
but if it does this may be an option.  Trim the rubber such that it barely or
almost touches the radiator fins.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6