radiator reinstall 60 TR3A

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: radiator reinstall 60 TR3A
From: "John A. Wise" <JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:12:10 -0700
Well I should be reinstalling the radiator this weekend (assuming
that it does not get too d@mn hot to be working in the garage).  The
radiator has been rebuild including hard mounting points for the
electric fan, & I have a new shroud.

Given Gerald Van Vlack's note about the possibility of hot air
recycling through the radiator that he saw in the Ford test, as well
as to keep all the exterior cool air going through the radiator.
Does anyone have any advice on how to seal the shroud to the
radiator?

Also, I am thinking about moving the Crane electronic ignition
control box from the firewall by the battery and mount it on the
front of the radiator shroud to keep the control box a little cooler.
(The car is in Phoenix so "cooler" is a relative word.)  Any
experience or guesses about the value of such a move???

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
Glendale, AZ

JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu