Re: Am I being scammed?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Am I being scammed?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:04:45 -0700
Mark Hooper wrote:

>OK, I bid on a TR6 part on e-bay and lost...

I have purchased (small) items thru eBay's second chance option -- the
occasion was an item the seller had more than one of.  Anyway I believe
the 'second chance' can be a legit eBay sale.

OTOH -- what would you have gotten the item for if the bogus high bidder
had not bid?  Seems unfair to expect you to pay your maximum bid since
that was reached because a bogus bidder ran up the bidding.  A fair
price would be the third place bid + the minimum increment.  Otherwise a
seller could use a shill ID to run up the bidding then offer the item to
the second place bidder with the claim that the high bidder backed out
(not that anyone would do that).

Geo Hahn