RE: Am I being scammed?

To: "'Mark Hooper'" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Subject: RE: Am I being scammed?
From: "Bill Miller \(LBC's\)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:34:46 -0500
Mark,
I buy stuff on eBay - more than I should....
The second chance offer is legit and I have used it before.  It is used when
the seller has more than one item or the buyer backed out for some reason.

On the "Question from an eBay member" question, I have received many emails
with that as a subject - and they all have been legit.  That is the subject
line they use when you use the "ask the seller/buyer a question" button.  I
just checked my saved emails and verified this.

Hope this helps ease your mind a little,
Bill

--Mark wrote: ----
<snip>
didn't pay so I have a "second chance" to buy at my bid level. The sender
has responded and is saying that they will initiate the second chance thingy
so that it follows purely official methods.
<snip>
It's all wrapped up in stuff that looks fairly officially e-bay, but I'm
concerned. The thing that bugs me is that the e-bay site says they will
never send an e-mail with the subject "Question from ebay member". Guess
what, that's what mine started with.
<snip>