Re: alternator kit T/R 4A (66)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alternator kit T/R 4A (66)
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:27:51 EDT
Hi Fred,

 just installed a Delco 7127-3 in my TR4 and still have to wire it up. This
is not a one wire alternator. Have to hook up two or three wires!

IF you could get to the VTR.org maintenance pages, there were some good
write-ups there with pros and cons of various alternators. However, those pages
are
now snug and secure behind a members only password, so we'll all have to go
elsewhere.

Hey, but let's NOT get that heated VTR.org thread started again. Perhaps
eventually all the volunteers who submitted excellent and useful articles in
hopes
of furthering enjoyment of Triumph ownership and lending their fellow
enthusiasts a helping hand will find other, unrestricted venues.

Okay, you can actually still see the VTR pages by visiting www.archive.org
and using the Wayback Machine, a service which they somehow manage to provide
for free and with no "members only" restrictions.  In fact, here is the primary
article by Dan Masters, who has always been one to lend a helping hand,
especially with all things electrical:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040603042911/www.vtr.org/maintain/alternator/conv
ersions.html

Lots of info there!

Cheers!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L
1966 T/R 4A
A neighbor is about to change over to a alternator and  he needs the lists
advice on whose kit is best to purchase and is the one wire alternator the
best way to go, as usual thanks for the best advice givers in the land. "FT"