RE: TR4 A type overdrive

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <pmmacy@att.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 A type overdrive
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:20:29 -0400
Mark,
I wonder it the "slot" is closing up before it achieves full gripping force?
Seems unlikely to have the same problem on two actuator arms though.. If
that is the case, you could open the "slot" slightly by filing the inside
face of the slot or cutting it with some kind of saw. I would think the
width of a saw blade would be enough to give you much more gripping force.
How does the shaft look? Are there any deep grooves which would reduce the
shaft diameter where the actuator grips?
Before you do modify the actuator I would confirm somehow that there isn't
something wrong on the inside of your overdrive that is creating too much
effort to engage the drive. Increasing the grip in that case would only
aggravate the problem.
Good Luck,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A