TR4 A type overdrive

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph)
Subject: TR4 A type overdrive
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:49:50 +0000
Listers:
  I have an A type overdrive that refuses to stay in adjustment.  The actuating
arm (attached to the solenoid) slips on the operating shaft, and I have to pull
the D*** dash brace and gearbox cover and re-adjust about every 500 miles.  I
put a new actuating arm on it the last time, but it appeared a little 'soft',
and the 'split' pulled almost closed when I tightened the bolt (as had the
original).  Short of welding the arm to the shaft, does anyone have any ideas?
--
Mark Macy
New Carlisle, OH

57 TR3 TS16942LO