Re: The laddy or the tiger - Non LBC

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Subject: Re: The laddy or the tiger - Non LBC
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:53:59 -0400
About 25 years ago, I was detained at a Canadian airport for 4 hours
while the Canadian authorities tried to contact my employer of the time,
Atari to verify that a floppy disk I had was indeed an alignment disk
and not something that it was illegal to import. They never explained
what it was I might be sneaking in.

Since it was after 10 PM when I landed, needless to say they couldn't
contact anyone at Atari in California. After 4 hours, they were finally
able to contact my boss at home. Although he verified what the disk was
and why I had it (training session for dealer repair technicians), they
still hung onto the disk, although they at least let me go.

Don't both bitching about customs agents based on country. You'll find
stories for EVERY country, ranging from the stupid to the dishonest.

George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph
1975 Triumph TR6 - Undergoing restoration
1972 Triumph Stag - Daily Driver
Key Men: Keys for Classics - http://www.key-men.com