Fake Silverstones making the rounds on eBay?!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fake Silverstones making the rounds on eBay?!
From: Nicholas Wolf <nwolf@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
There is something fishy about these two auctions:

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4535304211
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4553363123

Looks to me like a set of Empi's (or Empi copies, typically about $90 each new)
that have had their bolt pattern changed from 130mm (VW) to 4.5" (TR).  I hope
I'm wrong, but my Silverstones certainly don't look like that.  The cutouts
around the holes are totally different.  Also, true Silverstones should not
have "safety beads".

Maybe speed6 or 68tr is on the list and could comment?

-Nick