Re: j a pearce magba wheels

To: "Raymond Hatfield" <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>, <L1J1S@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: j a pearce magba wheels
From: "phil ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:06:49 -0500
> > to the list. i just purchased a 1973 innocenti 1275 mini. the car came
with a
> > set of wheels which are  6"  j  a  pearce  magna alloy wheels.(set of
5).
> > they are in excellent used condition. how can i find out the value of
these
> > wheels?  larrry schwartz 1960 tr3  judson supercharged

> You have definately come across a rare set of wheels (at least in the US)
When
> I bought my TR4A, it also was equipped with J A Pearce wheels.  Are your's
the
> center-lock type?  I also know a member of the list who has a set on his
Lotus.

Who's that?  Center-lock on pin drive?   Elan or Plus 2?

> As to what they're worth, all I can tell you is I had my set for sale for
3
> years before they were bought by an English gentleman who re-imported them
> his home.  He bought them for $800 plus shipping, and eventually placed
them on
> his MGC (you can read about them on my website).  I guess what I'm saying
is
> you can get a good price if you want to sell them, but be prepared to
wait.
> Most people here in the US have never heard of them.

I had a set on my Europa when I bought it.  Turns out they were all cracked.
A gentleman in California gave me $400 for them, knowing full well that they
had cracks around the bolt holes.  He is planning on having them restored.
I don't know who does that kind of work.

Mine were not center-lock, but four bolt in the Spitfire/Lotus 3.75"
pattern.

1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net http://www.mnautox.com/ http://www.lotusowners.com