Re: obscure TR4 question

To: jholekamp@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: obscure TR4 question
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:45:40 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/2005 2:16:31 PM Central Standard Time,
jholekamp@sbcglobal.net writes:
> On my late '64 TR4 (owned since '67), on the center line of the floor to
> dash bracket, [# 806506, bracket, support, fascia to floor assembly, in
> the Parts Manual] just below the 3 heater controls - just above the GBX
> cover, there is a hole w/ a rubber blanking plug about 1/4 inch (6.35
> mm) in diameter.  Does anyone have any idea what the purpose of this
> blanked-off hole might be?

Does that provide access to the U-joint for lubrication perhaps?

> I'm busy making the final maintenance checks in preparation for driving
> my TR4 to the Triumph Register of America meeting at Branson Missouri
> next week. I'm planning on crossing the Mississippi River on the ferry
> at Grafton, Illinois.  I have a TR Mail List decal on the windshield of
> my TR4 (green w/ white pressed steel wheels - Illinois license plate
> number: TTRR 44). See you at Branson.

When you say Grafton, is that the Brussels Ferry that will take you to the
Golden Eagle?  Calhoun County is excellent TR country.  When are you passing
through?

Dave Massey
St. Louis