obscure TR4 question

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: obscure TR4 question
From: "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:07:10 -0500
Greetings,

On my late '64 TR4 (owned since '67), on the center line of the floor to
dash bracket, [# 806506, bracket, support, fascia to floor assembly, in
the Parts Manual] just below the 3 heater controls - just above the GBX
cover, there is a hole w/ a rubber blanking plug about 1/4 inch (6.35
mm) in diameter.  Does anyone have any idea what the purpose of this
blanked-off hole might be?

I'm busy making the final maintenance checks in preparation for driving
my TR4 to the Triumph Register of America meeting at Branson Missouri
next week. I'm planning on crossing the Mississippi River on the ferry
at Grafton, Illinois.  I have a TR Mail List decal on the windshield of
my TR4 (green w/ white pressed steel wheels - Illinois license plate
number: TTRR 44). See you at Branson.

brgds, Jay Holekamp