Re: filling is draining me

To: mhooper@digiscreen.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: filling is draining me
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:50:11 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/2005 8:30:03 PM Central Standard Time,
mhooper@digiscreen.ca writes:
> Somehow or when the side fill plug on my TR6's transmission got so tightly
> wedged it isn't real. I'm just trying to change the gearbox oil. Every
> wrench
> I've got just keeps slipping. Is there a special trick to this? A square
> wrench?

Quelle coincidence!  Joe Alexander was on here just the other day advertising
his new square wrench.  One end fits the brake adjusters and the other end
fits...wait for it...the transmission plug!  I just ordered one and we'll see
how nicely it fits in the tool kit.

If you can't wait that long try fitting the square end of a 1/2 drive socket
on the plug.  If it fits find one that fits one of your larger Allen wrenches
and give that a whirl.

Dave