Re: Windwings.

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windwings.
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:27:36 -0700
> <<SNIP>> windwings for a TR3A.<<SNIP>>Are they effective?

I find they do cut down on the wind turbulence hitting you from around
the side of the windscreen making for a little less buffeting.  I would
never willingly remove mine other than temporarily for maintenance.

Most of the wind buffeting comes from the rear blowing hair straight
towards the windscreen.  I've always suspected one of those for show
roll bars that Moss & others sell with a sheet of clear plastic across
it would cut down all the turbulence.

Funny you should ask about availability.  I have a Moss catalogue
sitting by the computer open to the car cover page, and just below the
car covers are TR2-3B wind wings, Moss part # 647-000. These puppies are
pricey these days.  $76.95  If you are going to do any distance driving
on the freeway they are worth the price.

TeriAnn
www.tjwakeman.net/TR/index.html