RE: Windwings.

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Windwings.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:54:51 -0700
> Could the list please bring me up to speed on windwings for a TR3A.  As
> I recall there were a set that clamped onto the windshield frame.  Are
> these available?

TRF also has them listed, P/N AM5004

>  Are they effective?

IMO they are very effective up to maybe 50 mph.  Above that, the difference
lessens, I'd say it's pretty much gone at 75 mph.

Several west coasters have made additional wings, that connect to the
sidecurtain pockets in the door and form an "armrest" along the outside of the
door rail.  These, in combination with the wind wings, seem to be very effective
at freeway speeds (although I've not tried them myself).  I think Herman made
and sold a few of these, but I'm pretty sure they're all gone now.  He's
probably on his way to Branson now, so if you're going, you can ask him there.
Not sure if his daughter is taking her TR3A, but if it's there, you can see the
door windwings on it.

Randall