RE: TR6 Slave Cylinder.

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Slave Cylinder.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:42:17 -0700
> On TR3 & 4 the original 1" slave is NA from Moss & possibly other
> suppliers and a 7/8" bore slave is often supplied as a substitute.

I could be mistaken, but I thought only the TR2-early TR3 with front drum
brakes had the 1" diameter clutch slave.  Later cars were smaller, maybe
7/8".  Looks pretty similar to the TR6 slave, so what you have might be from
TR3-4A or GT6.

Anyway, the later TR3-4A slave cylinder is listed as available by several
sources, while all list the TR2-early TR3 cylinder as NLS (and to substitute
the slave from the TR250/6 which will fit with modifications).

Randall