Re: TR3B Not Happy/Choice of Water Pumps?

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3B Not Happy/Choice of Water Pumps?
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:52:19 EDT
In a message dated 6/27/05 2:20:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

> Among the other obvious things, check that the pump pulley is firmly mounted
> on
> the pump shaft.  Being so far from the plane of the belt puts it under a lot
> of
> twist, and they sometimes fail.

Randal,
It is not and flopping all over the place.  The woodruff key is spun, and I
assume the bearings are froze which caused the in flight failure.  I got it
home pretty quick but I ran it real hard the last couple of miles.
What is the latest on TR3 water pumps of choice?  At one time the repro's had
small impellers which circulated less water and therefore caused hot running.
 I would prefer a stock one with grease jerk, but I could live W/O that.  I
could just grind off the threads and super glue one on to give it that correct
look! HA!  The 3B has a history of running hot so I need the best pump I can
find.  I know I have a couple of stock cores in the parts heap.  Anyone know of
a rebuilder?  I think I even have a rebuild kit somewhere.
Thanks,
Darrell