TR4 OD

To: triumph list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 OD
From: John Howard <trjhhow7@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:41:12 -0400
List

I am, once again, flummoxed.

I've been trying to get the type A OD  working again. After topping off
the oil and resetting the lever, it worked fine on a test drive with
the tranny cover
off. Since then it has been all downhill. Ha ha. Having replaced the
cover and carpets, it again failed to engage. Out with the carpets and
cover again.

Now, having replaced the harnesses and relay, it works only if I run an
out-of-harness ground from the switch to a convenient spot.
Yet I know all the sections of the ground line are good. Also, without
the extra ground, the solonoid engages when I turn on the ignition key!
Whether or not the switch is on.

No help from Dan Masters' book that I can see.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

John Howard