Re: starter T/R 3A

To: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: starter T/R 3A
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:49:05 -0500
> List, has anyone had any problems using the =high torque starters=
> available
> for our cars, I'm experiencing a problem with it just spinning for some
> time
> and then engaging, sometimes it kicks right in and other times just spins,
> anyones experience good or bad appreciated.  "FT"

Fred,

My experience has been all good.  The only problem I had was a fused starter
solenoid within a few months of installing the starter.  After that, I
re-wired it (per Randall's suggestion) to use the TR solenoid to energize
the starter's onboard solenoid.

When the solenoid contacts fused, the starter ran (cranking the engine) for
almost a minute while a scrambled around looking for a wrench to disconnect
the battery (I've since added a quick disconnect switch on the battery).  It
didn't seem to hurt the starter.

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L