RE: Back-up hood release

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Back-up hood release
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 19:53:41 -0400
What's interesting about the one that Mark Marcy is selling is that it
appears to be the same one that was designed by Joe Cannon of the Georgia
Triumph Association. Joe shared this with people via their newsletter which
also had a diagram with all dimensions and parts needed. If you go to my
website and select "Emergency Hood Release" you'll find a link to GTA and
the newsletter with the instructions. It's big .pdf file that takes a while
to load. It cost me about $2.00 to make (I had most of the pieces on hand)
and Joe sells them for $9.00. This release works so smoothly and easily that
I haven't used the factory release since. I asked Moss Motors why they
didn't sell them and they felt they would have to buy the rights from Joe or
pay him a "royalty", as he designed it. Maybe Mark Marcy stuck a deal with
Joe if it's the same design. In any case it'll be one of the cheapest and
best improvements you can make to your car.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org