Re: Transmission check plug -- what size?

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission check plug -- what size?
From: Andrew Frink <tr4@drooartz.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:10:46 -0600
What has me confused is that the engine drain plug that I have seems
too *big* for the fill plug hole. I could understand if it were too
small, in that a DPO could have tapped the hole out larger. Don't
quite see how they could have tapped it smaller. The plug in the
tranny fits fine, so I'll just use it. Makes me wonder where this
transmission came from. I'm pretty sure it's not original. The car
was not and OD car from the factory, so I'm guessing it's a swap from
somewhere. Makes me wonder if it was from some Triumph other than a
TR. Does say "STANPART" on the side.

Is there a particular number I should look up for dating and original
application?